Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Chick/Broc Crescent Braid

Yummmmm

So I found this recipe on pintrest and was inspired to give it a shot tonight. I adjusted it to be a little more WW friendly. If you divide braid into 4 servings it comes to 8 pts+. However , I could eat 1/3 easy so keep that in mind.

1 package reduced fat crescent rolls
1 cup shredded reduced fat cheese (sharp Cheddar etc) I didn't have enough so I used what I had and added some reduced fat Velveeta on the fly. Made it nice and creamy.
1 cup steamed broccoli
1/4 cup reduced fat mayo (although I used 1/4 cup fat free cream of chicken soup)
1 cup shredded chicken (I bought a can of chunked chicken breast to be super easy)

Mix chicken, soup (or mayo) , broccoli, and cheese in a bowl.

On cookie sheet lay out crescent rolls. They should make a long horizontal rectangle. Press all the seams together. Put filling down center of dough. Cut 1" diagonal sections on either side of filling. Fold them over filling to make a sort of braid. Cook @ 375' for 28 mins. (Mine was done closer to 22mins and I used a pampered check stone)

Enjoy!!!

* not that pretty but it was my first time lol


This could be made 1000s of ways. A pizza braid with pasta sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni? A Mexican version with fajita meat and grilled onions? Let me know if you try it!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment