Monday, April 16, 2012

Mommy Update 15w2d

Current Stats:
Baby Size - 4 in Navel Orange
 
Sleep - Sleeping great. Definitely going to start needing the body pillow or some other support. Still wake up around 5-6am but can go back to sleep fairly easy.

Clothes - A friend at work actually let me borrow a bunch of her maternity clothes. Score! So I now have 3 pairs of work pants, some dresses, and a few pairs of casual pants. I was also pleasantly surprised that after cleaning out my closet the past few weekends, I have a pretty good selections of tops and dresses that should work for a while. I still need to find a good fitting pair of maternity jeans and a few more tops/dresses. I started wearing the maternity work pants today actually. I put on my normal work pants and they did button but because they have a different closure than my jeans, I can make the rubber band trick work to hold them up. And since they aren't stiff like jeans, if I have them un buttoned or even slightly unzipped with the belly band they will fall down... not a good look... I decided to ignore the pressure of waiting until the last minute to "cave" and wear maternity pants. It seems as women use it as bragging rights... "Oh well I didn't have to wear maternity clothes till week 20 or my last trimester... etc etc" Most people with their first pregnancy do start wearing maternity pants near the beginning of the 2nd trimester and hey if it means I can be comfortable sitting at my desk for 8+ hours a day, I'm doing it. My bump buddy Laura gave me great advice this week. She said she has been buying things in the regular section (not maternity clothes) but in bump friendly styles like empire waist or just flowy tops, longer tops etc. This definitely can help me get though the next few months until that great stage where you are just huge and there is no way around it : )
 
Food Aversions- Its more just thinking about what sounds good at the moment. I'm not really craving anything but nothing sounds amazing either. I can eat when I go out to a restaurant but there is no planning ahead. I cant say, oh this weekend lets cook this or go out to eat here. If I did, I would probably be over it by the time came to eat/cook. I did travel for work this week which was somewhat a challenge. Every lunch was deli sandwiches or something else I could eat. I made it work but it was definitely limited.
 
Symptoms - Not much... I'm getting a bump... does that count? : ) I have really mild headaches from time to time but nothing major.
 
Missing - Where do I start... Mexican cheese dip... yummmmmm... my favorite spring/summer drink of a cold hard cider... a glass of wine while were were eating dinner out on the deck last night... the ham and cheese croissant that I used to eat at the cafe at work...

Looking forward to - Dr. appt next Tuesday the 24th, will get to hear the heartbeat again and of course May 4th when we find out the gender! Oh and taking a cute bump picture when I get around to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment