Sunday, June 3, 2012

Nursery color scheme

The nursery has been so fun to design. I really wanted to create a creative, organized, contemporary, inspiring space. Not just a cookie cutter pastel space. (Which is perfect for a lot of people, the designer in me just had to take it further)

Since babies see contrast best in the beginning and pattern helps stimulate brain activity I wanted to focus on lots of little details.

We still have a long way to go before the reveal but for now ill leave a little teaser...

Our color scheme is pinks, aqua, white, and gray. Walls are a dark gray with all the furniture/trim being white. (No it doesn't look like a jail or a dungeon) its very crisp and fresh (in my opinion) : )

I have lots of diy projects in progress that I can't wait to blog about. A hand painted Stencil, a butterfly mobile with over 200 paper butterflies, an upholstered cornice above her window, artwork, etc.

For now, here's a glimpse of the colors (plus gray)


No comments:

Post a Comment