Sunday, September 30, 2012

39w1d


39 weeks


Current Stats: 39 weeks 1 days. (6 days till my due date)
Baby Size - Somewhere around 19-20 inches, 7-7.5 lbs? At least that is average for 39 weeks. Doctors have been predicting her to be in the mid 7 pound range. I have an ultrasound on Thursday so they might be able to have a better guess at that point. (She is approx. the size of a watermelon... great)

Stats- Still about 70%/1cm, head down, ready to go. Measuring right on her week (as of my appt last Thursday)

Clothes - recently retired most of my maternity clothes (as they were for work) yay! Now just whatever is comfy for these last few days.

Symptoms - about a week ago I was dealing with lots of middle/upper back pain. It was worse when seated (which is  how I spend 75% of my day...) but the past few days it just went away. Weight gain has pretty much stopped or dramatically slowed. Hopefully this is one of the many potential signs that you will go into labor soon. (by soon they mean next few weeks...) The most annoying symptom right now is just having to go to the bathroom at least once a hour. Even after you just walk about it seems like you might as well go back. You've got to be proactive about it because when your sitting its not so bad but as soon as you stand up and her 7 pounds pushes directly on your bladder you will become very critical/judgmental about where stores/restaurants restrooms are placed.

Missing - sleeping through the night. 2 bathroom breaks are normal now. Dallas still hasn't figured out that she shouldn't lay right in front of the bathroom door as I will kick her in the face on accident... oops.

Preparations - still all set to go. Just waiting.

Looking forward to -I'm looking forward to not being stared at when I go places, I'm looking forward to strangers ending the need to ask me personal questions. The cashier at Carters Friday asked me if I was dilated and how much. The cashier at Old Navy told me how being induced is the most awful thing you could possibly imagine. My 401k advisor mentioned how his wife became very ill during childbirth and was in the hospital for 3 weeks...(that's on top of all the "what are you doing out of the house?" , "you haven't had that baby yet???", "are you ready for lots of dirty diapers and crying?",comments I also get)  I am sure all the unsolicited comments will just change into unsolicited comments about my sweet baby... lol.... oh well... I'm also looking forward to my ultrasound on Thursday as we will also schedule my induction date. Hopefully I wont need it but its good to know where is an end in sight. They asked for 2 dates that are our preference on when to be induced. Our first choice is to go in Wednesday night to deliver on Thursday (October 11th)

In most exciting news, Friday was my last day of work for 2012. I am now officially on maternity leave. Feels weird as I don't yet have a baby yet... either way, I hope to relax this week as we wait for Harper's arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment