Saturday, July 20, 2013

8 Months!


Date: June 9th 2013

Stats: I would guess around 17lbs? We go to the Dr. next month...

Clothes: Still in 6 months clothes. We are really getting our money out of these clothes! She still wears size 2 diapers. We wear a lot of shirts and shorts or dresses now. Not as many onsies.

Sleep : She sleeps all night. She will wake up around 630 to eat, then Dutch will wake her up around 715 to go to Mrs. Sherri's. (on the weekend she will sleep till about 830) We then take a mid morning nap (around 45 minutes) a longer afternoon nap (1.5 hours) and an early evening nap at 530. She then goes to bed by 830. Occasionally she will skip that 530 nap but I let her take it if she needs it. I really think if she is tired , let her sleep. I don't wake her up just because its our "schedule". Even though our daily schedule is "parent led" it is because we have developed a routine based on her patterns. We like to get her to bed before she is over tired. This usually means she drifts off to dreamland without a fight... most of the time.

Food: She eats breakfast at day care which is cereal, milk and fruit. She eats dinner at home with me which is a mix of gerber foods and homemade foods. I try to make as much as I can but some fruits/veggies are just to dang hard to peal. If I made her home made plums I would need 3-5 plums at least (since they are small) and pealing and then steaming and blending those is not always ideal. For veggies I tend to roast sweet potatoes, then steam and blend frozen peas and green beans. For fruits, apples and pears are easy to peel and steam. I use frozen peaches and mangos which are pre-peeled and cut up.

This month Harper went to the beach for the first time! We had our first road trip. Our first time in the pool. We got a little blow up pool that we sit in on the deck. Her first tooth came in! It wasn't too bad... We celebrated Mothers Day and great grandmas 92nd birthday. We grilled out on the deck every weekend and took long walks at the river park. You sit up great and enjoy having fun with us. Your personality is starting to really shine through!




















No comments:

Post a Comment