Saturday, July 20, 2013

9 months!



Date : July 9th 2013

Stats: Harper weighed 18lbs even at her 9 month appointment July 10th. She is 28.5" long. That means she has put on almost 10lbs since birth and grown 7". She is now in the 50% for weight and still 82% for height. She is still our tall skinny girl but her weight is becoming more average.

Clothes: I will put her into some 9 months clothes... mostly dresses since the size doesn't matter as much. She is still fine in her 6 months shorts/pants and shirts. We are moving to size 3 diapers at the end of the month.

Sleep: She sleeps like a champ. The days where she woke at night seem like years ago... however Its only been 2.5 months since she finally got back to sleeping through the night. Feels great!

Food: We are ending our nursing journey. She went on a nursing strike a few weeks ago and it took me almost 5 days to get her to nurse again. We have had issues with keeping up my supply and I've exhausted my efforts pumping around the clock. I am ready to move forward. The past month I was sending 1 bottle of formula a day and she was doing great with that. Between the nursing strike, teething, my low supply and now a new diagnosis of thrush I couldn't expect any more signs that it is the right time to end nursing.
Its tough emotionally but its important for us nursing mothers to remember that "any breastfeeding is successful breastfeeding" The 9 months of nursing has been a great accomplishment for me and a great gift to my daughter. My head is held high and I look forward to nursing Harper's future brother or sister... a long time from now : ) She is continuing to eat lots of yummy homemade and store bought fruits and veggies. We like to mix them up such as mango/pear/apple or sweet potato/apple. Her favorite Gerber foods are anything with bananas and the gross dark green mixed veggie one. It looks nasty but she like it! Her iron levels were down at this 9 month appointment so I am hoping that the iron in her cereal and now formula can help get them back up. We practice with "puffs" which are little dissoluble cereal pieces. She is learning how to pick up small things with her thumb and index finger.
 
This past month was great. We spent lots of time on the deck as always. She loves splashing in her baby pool. She can sit there forever just playing with her water toys. We celebrated fathers day and even got to see Grandy and Papa. She started waving and clapping which are too cute. We got washed out on 4th of July but still got to wear our pretty patriotic dress. We took our first trip to east cobb park and played in the creek. Crawling is almost there... but I am in no rush. She likes to scoot on her butt and crawl all over you when you hold her. We are still working on it. Hopefully we will have success to report next month. She even got to met her birthday twin Aunt Ginger as well as Uncle Rich and cousin Jack. Time is going too fast. You are getting to be a big girl now! 



Only one more row of photos to add!... yikes!




Father's day dress


What.. you want to take my picture again?!?!


Leaving her mark on Dutch's fathers day card

selfies


Mom you are embarrassing me... already..


Pool time!.... and we are getting hair!



Pretty girl


Birthday twins!


Cousin Jack



No comments:

Post a Comment