Monday, March 12, 2012

10w3d

Current Stats:
Baby Size - 1 in (fig or kumquat)

Sleep - Ive been pretty tired/exhausted since day one. Long naps on the weekend when I can, and an early bedtime most nights. I have the common pregnancy symptom of weird vivid dreams. Every night... luckily nothing scary so far. Also, during the week, Ive been waking up at 530-600 consistently but have thankfully been able to get right back to sleep. I have been waking up on my back (already) as its a bit more comfortable. I was a solid side sleeper so its a bit surprising. Wouldn't normally be a problem but by the 2nd trimester I need to be only sleeping on my side as it could slow or cut off blood supply to the baby.... I hear a lot of women switch to a maternity wedge pillow to help make sleeping on their side more comfortable.

Clothes - hanging in there with my regular jeans however Only 2-3 pairs are really comfortable these days. I got a bellaband at target which is like a stretch tube top but shorter. It lets you unbutton your jeans at the top and you cover the button with the band. It holds your pants up and just looks like a cami under a long shirt. I hear these are good post baby or also when your maternity pants are still too baggy. There is also the "rubber band trick" where you loop a rubber band through the button and hole of your pants to keep them up. Haven't had to try that just yet. Even though I haven't gained any weight its funny how uncomfortable things become especially sitting at a desk all day. As far as tops go, Ive tried to find all the flowy tops I have while I am still trying to conceal things at work. Its working so far. Oh and the weekend I live in pj pants, and jersey maxi skirts.

Food Aversions- ANYTHING.... well almost anything. Thankfully this is getting better slowly but surly. Pretty much nothing sounds good. Makes for a fun weekend when Dutch wants to go out and I cant make up my mind. Usually nighttime is better. Last night we went out and I ordered a calzone. I was so nauseous out of hunger I didn't want anything to do with it. I was able to eat some of it (and it was tasty) and I started to feel better right away and ended up eating the entire thing. So as long as I'm not stuffed or starving, I can at least find something. I'm thankfully food doesn't make me get physically sick.

Food Cravings - Not sure just yet what equals a craving. There is nothing that I have wanted to drive out in the middle of the night for. I just jump on things when they actually sound good (since not much does these days) I did smell someones tea at work that made me think of apple pie. That night I got a slice (publix sells slices of desserts) but once I got home I had no desire to eat it and it sat on the counter for 3 days. But eventually I ate it and it was yummy... just not much of a craving anymore. I suspect that in a few weeks once I am feeling the joys of the 2nd trimester and this will change.

Symptoms - Tired, Tired, Tired, food aversions, starving nausea, stuffed nausea, burpy, easy exhausted. (I ran some errands Saturday for the first time in a while and was so ready to get home to rest after just a few stops) vivid dreams, occasional crabbiness (ask Dutch), and tearing up at Folgers commercials etc... : )

Looking forward to - Dr. appointment Monday the 19th. Includes an ultrasound. Trying not to be nervous but the control freak in me has a hard time not being able to know what is going on in there and that everything is working properly and doing its job.

Missing - Nothing really. Maybe just having energy and feeling normal. Oh and wanting to eat/enjoying eating.

4 comments:

  1. yay I'm so glad you're blogging about the baby!!! Do you have this set up to be able to read it in Google Reader? I had your old blog in my reader (or is this the same blog?) but I can't get this to open in my google reader. Help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy for you two. Good luck on your 19th visit. You are in my prayers. Dutch said you were going to name the baby Edie Dawn, if it is a girl. I think that is real special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sarah! 4 more days till I get to see pics of my first little grandbaby! Am I excited or what?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everthing sounds exactly as it should! :) Hooray!!

    ReplyDelete