Thursday, August 2, 2012

Mommy Update 30w5d

Current Stats: 30 weeks 5 days. (65 days till my due date)
Baby Size - Between 15.2- to 16.7-inch, & 2.5- to 3.8-pounds

Clothes - Wearing all maternity dress pants/jeans. I have a few maternity dresses and a few pre-prego dresses that still fit. Tank tops are starting to get a little short in the front but I just wear them to bed.

Food Aversions- Nothing is really that amazing these days. I cooked pasta and meat sauce last night (something that was a go-to recipe for me pre-prego) and this time it just seemed to bland. Then it seems like a waste of money to make an entire meal and not really like it. Its happened with a lot of items I have made which basically makes me just want to eat panera broccoli cheese soup every night :)

Symptoms - Heartburn has gotten better the past few days! yay! I have realized if I take my pill later in the morning and again right before bed, the timing works better. I also have realized that it gets really bad when I'm hungry. If I try to eat a snack around 530 I can fight off the heartburn till I need to take my pill at 10. Its the small achievements I appreciate these days.

Lower back/hip/pelvis? pain... I know its from sitting at work all day & arching my back to account for my new weight inbalance. Its pretty uncomfortable to sit most places these days so Im constantly shifting around. By the end of the day I feel like an old lady.

I also am HOT a lot of the time. At work I have a fan at my desk and everyone teases about how cold they are while I'm sweating up a storm. Im ready for the fall and to be able to snuggle up in blankets again. Oh and my belly button is still an innie... any bets on how long that will last?

Missing - having more energy, being able to bend over to buckle my shoes, being comfortable

Preparations - I did my first load of baby laundry last night... oooh the smell of Dreft : ) I wanted to wash her sheet, some newborn onsies/pjs, her little hats etc.

I also have started to pack my hospital bag. I figured you can never be too prepared. There are also too many different items that I want to pack and it would be hard to just tell someone what to grab if worst case scenario happened. Our goal is to not over pack. I threw in some travel toiletries, I bought cheap toothbrushes to just keep in the bag, theres one 2 going home outfits for her. (one newborn, one 0-3 months just in case) a receiving blanket, some nursing clothing, hair brush, makeup, chap stick, slippers and socks, etc. Any been there done that mommies feel free to email me with anything you wish you would have packed or wish you didnt pack.

Saturday I have a breastfeeding class at the hospital. Then 2 other Saturdays this month Dutch and I have our childbirth prep classes ... should be interesting ...

Ive been reading lots of books. Ill be doing a book review post later for anyone who is interested. The key ones I am reading now are what to expect when your expecting, what to expect the first year, babywise, and a breastfeeding book. Its helping me feel more prepared. Especially for what happens once we come home from the hospital. Everyone preps you for every detail of pregnancy and the delivery, but not so much what to do day 1 at home.


Looking forward to - Our first baby shower this Sunday! Also, my Dr. appts have moved to every 2 weeks. I look forward to the passing of each week knowing we are one week closer to her being healthy and to meeting our daughter. I have two other showers this month (one fun girly brunch and one at work). Im looking forward to celebrating with everyone! Oh and my last day of work (Sept 28th) yesss.... Not to return until Jan 2nd!

Please keep us in your thoughts that everything continues to go smoothly and that Harper makes her debut as close to on schedule as possible : )

1 comment:

  1. gah you are getting so close!! The only other items I would suggest packing are your cell phone charger and some eye masks - the hospital rooms that we were in were pretty bright, especially if they have a bunch of monitors in there, and Steve was pretty miserable the first night there when he forgot his eye mask. Also maybe some plastic flip flops for the shower if you want them. And your glasses. Also, I overpack, so feel free to disregard this entire comment, haha.

    ReplyDelete