Friday, August 3, 2012

upcoming due date

I wanted to use this blog to share about our life and our journey to becoming a family. There has been something that I haven't blogged about that really is no secret but I am sure other people can relate to.

Two weeks from now would have been my original due date. Dutch and I were excited when we got pregnant right away. We celebrated for the first 6 or so weeks of being pregnant and wondered if it was too early to announce to our families at Christmas. I have always loved the Christmas holidays and it was exciting to think our child would be with us next Christmas to celebrate.

Unfortunately things didn't develop correctly (which statistics say can occur in a very large number of pregnancies, most of the time people don't even know they are pregnant yet). It wasn't meant to be for us at that time. We understood that it is common, we had a bright future ahead of us and would get through it. I was thankful that I was able to be home and off of work due to the holiday break. Almost all of the mothers around me young and old have gone through similar experiences. Its not something you've done wrong and nothing to be ashamed of or keep secret. Please reach out to me if you ever need someone to talk to.

We did get through it and became blessed with our next pregnancy only 2-3 weeks later. We were cautiously optimistic and so relieved to see Harper's tiny little blob of cells 7 weeks. (she was the size of a blueberry) We could see her heart beating and knew we had increased our chances of a successful pregnancy. Once we heard her heart beat at 11 weeks and she passed her downs/neural tube defects screening, we knew ,pending any huge problems, we would get to meet her.

Now at 31 weeks, we have a squirmy girl who is loved by so many people even though they have never met. She has a closet full of leggings with ruffles on the butt, socks with bows on the toes, and her first pink teddy bear. We cant wait to meet you baby girl! I cant wait till they put you on my chest & when your daddy gets to hold you for the first time.

Its just important to remember that life truly is so delicate and so much is out of your control.

Now all we have to do is prepare your "sisters" for her arrival. They aren't going to know what hit them : )

No comments:

Post a Comment