Monday, November 22, 2010

12 days of Christmas

So I saw this on my SIL Kathryns blog which you can finHERE and thought I would try it out.


Day 1 is Christmas/Holiday traditions

Christmas is my favorite time of year (other than HBF (Hottie Beach Fest) and My Birthday (day of terror lol) I love getting a fresh tree and decorating it. I also love decorating the house with garlands, wreaths, candles, and most of all the tablescape. From bowls of berries, greenery, tall candles and ornaments hung from the Chandelier, I love creating the table for the holidays.

Every year I host a dinner party for my closest friends to celebrate the friendships of that year. It is called Hottie Holidays. Its usually a combination of a cocktail hour, and heavy apps or a full blown dinner. I love making my famous champagne punch and getting all dolled up. Festive attire is always required. lol.

Growing up my family and I went to church on Christmas Eve. We always wore our best holiday outfits and took a family photo by the fireplace together, a tradition we try to continue. Now with spouses, step sisters/brothers and bf/gfs it makes for a tight fit with is aways fun. Christmas morning we had a huge breakfast after opening up all the presents (in order of age). Breakfast usually was polish sausage, sara lee coffee cake (yummmo) and scrambled eggs. Then we spent the morning modeling our new clothes (or maybe that was just me) and checking out all our new stuff. Now that we are older and married everyone has to be in 100 places at once which takes a little of a balancing act but we make it work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment