Saturday, November 27, 2010

4th Day of Christmas

Day 4: Tips/Tricks to a Budget Friendly holiday season

Tip 1- If shopping for yourself and a big sale is coming up (black Friday etc) go before the sale (if you have free time??) and try on the things you like. That way, when you go to the store the day of the sale you can grab what you want in the size that works and go. No waiting in huge lines for a dressing room.
 
Tip 2 - Make a list. I am list crazy. Some of my lists say to make a list for something else. That way I know what I got for each person and who is missing. That way I focus on one item instead of wander the store buying lots of random stuff.
 
Tip 3- Set your budget (to correspond to the list) well before you shop. Helps keep you under check.
 
Tip 4- For close friends gift small ornaments or have a get together to celebrate each other.
 
Tip 5 - Sign up for email lists for restaurants or stores that you know you will go to. They will send "thank yous" for signing up. New York and Company sends you a 20% off your purchase coupon. Chili's will send you a free app or free dessert coupon. Score! I have an old email address I use for this so if I do get junk mail from it later its not clogging up my main email address.

No comments:

Post a Comment